I had a mini revelation this morning about the love of God.

I was listening to "He's My Savior" by Jaci Velasquez. The first few lyrics are:

He's the sunlight in my sky, He's the moon that shines at night He's the rainbow over me, the river running to the sea The music and the poetry, the beauty that my eyes can see Still His love means so much more to me

Now, anyone who knows me knows that I am head over heels in love with nature. Sunshine makes my day. I can't stop staring at the moon. A rainbow makes me happier than chocolate. I crave beauty; I thrive on beauty; I can't live without it. And yet, all of this pales in comparison with my love for God. He has given me/us so many gifts in this natural world that I can't stop praising Him.

With each sunset I say, "Oh good job, Lord. That one was gorgeous." Once, when I was a little girl, I exclaimed, "Oh Daddy! Look! The sky is pink!" My dad replied, "God made the sky pink just for you." So now, whenever that rosy color creeps into the sky, I think of the love of my Heavenly Father revealed to me through my earthly father.

I value these gifts of God so much. Everywhere I turn I see His love-art displayed. With His two hands He fashioned the mighty mountain range, the waving prairie, the delicate wings of the dragonflies, the strong oak, the fragile flower, the babbling brook, the delicious apple, and the soaring eagle. And you know what? He made it all for me! He made it all for you! He created a world of beauty to show us just how much He loves us. God Himself is beauty.

So what did I learn about God's love today?
#1-He loves me so much He created a world of wonder and beauty.
#2-He loves me so much more than His world of wonder and beauty.
#3-I love Him so much than this world He created for me.
#4-The easiest way to describe God and prove His presence is to point to the natural world.

It's hard to convince someone that God is here when He is invisible, but there is no denying His wondrous creation. And when you think that the God who took the time to create the tiniest bug and paint each stripe on each zebra took the time to create you, love you, and die for you, it's easy to see why I stand in such awe. What am I that He thinks about me? Who am I that He loves me? What have I done to deserve His sacrificial death? How can He love me so much that He conquered death...for me?

Lord I praise you for your endless love Your boundless grace I stand here amazed…

Rebecca St. James says it so well in her song God. Give it a listen. Click--> God

0 comments: