God has redeemed me in so many ways. He has healed my heart--all of it. I really can't think of a single thing that I am still aching over. I have no regrets, no haunting memories, no memories of mistakes that make me miserable.

I didn't think that day would ever come.

Timmy, Gerald, and I were driving around yesterday listening to music. As usual, Tim was our unofficial DJ. He ignored my request (maybe not a very good DJ!) for a particular song and instead played "Beauty From Pain" by Superchick. I warned him that if he played it I would cry, but he insisted, saying that it was a good song. Well, yes, I know this.

To my surprise though, my tears weren't my usual tears of hope for beauty to come from my pain...they were tears of joy because I have received that beauty that came from my pain.

Timmy laughed at me for crying and Gerald asked what caused them. "Is it because you have a lot of pain?" he asked. "No, actually," I tried to explain. "It is because my pain is gone and God has redeemed me."

And He has.

All that was lost has been restored. All that was wounded has been healed. All that was stolen has been returned. All that once hurt is now a memory free from bitterness. All that was dead now lives.

I am free! God has brought beauty from pain. I am now able to use what I have learned to help others, to soothe their aching souls, and to relate on an empathetic level. God's gift of forgiveness and redemption is beyond a doubt the greatest gift He could give.

"After all this has passed, I still will remain
After I've cried my last, there'll be beauty from pain
Though it won't be today,
Someday I'll hope again
And there'll be beauty from pain
You will bring beauty from my pain
."

I've cried my last and am able to hope again. Hope is a beautiful thing. Hope is the beauty that has stemmed from the pain.

Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him For the help of His countenance. Psalm 42:5

0 comments: