Isn't it funny how during fall break you suddenly drop all remembrance of your classes and the homework that is soon to be due? I had rehearsal tonight and when I saw my director, I had the sudden fear that hadn't turned something in for his class I am also taking. Fortunately, I didn't miss a deadline, but upon looking at my syllabi for my various classes, I realized that I have some pretty big projects coming up. Good thing I looked!!!

My hair was great today. I really, truly love my hair. Is that bad? It's just the perfect shade of chestnut, at the perfect length, with the perfect amount of layers. No matter what I do to it, it's cute. Today I went for the smooth, long, turned under look. I could see it waving in the wind as I approached glass doors that reflected like mirrors. Someone told me tonight, "Your hair is the most beautiful I've ever seen. I've been meaning to tell you that." Can I help it that I'm proud of my hair? It's really one of the things that I would never change about myself. Hence, why I have never colored it. Why fix what isn't broken? :P

The last two days I've only worked three hours each day. Thursday and Friday will be the same. I kind of like it that way. It's been nice and slow customer-wise, but the drama seems to be building between coworkers. Well, to be more precise, between employees and the invisible boss. You see, our boss works at a different branch, but they call everyday....a couple times a day. And we're not very fond of those phone calls. Granted, I don't really care. It amuses me. But these "older" ladies can't stand being under this seemingly irrational authority. This comes out in little spats between themselves or little "discussions" about our boss and her policies. Like I said, it amuses me. I do wish I had more hours this week because I need the money, but with my schedule I really can't.

Even though it's fall break, I'm taking a week long class for 1 credit (which is not cheap, let me tell you!) and I love it! It's Acting for Musical Theatre and is taught by Jeff Blumenkrantz. He's amazing. Very gay and very brilliant in his field. He seems to know everyone who's anyone in New York and has written a lot of songs and performed a lot. He picked out SUCH a great song for me. I love it. It's called "There's A World Out There" and it's from the newest version of Little Women. He's very encouraging and has great advice. I'm enjoying this class thoroughly. Money well spent.

Rehearsals are going well. I finally feel like I have a place in the department. I know people and they know me. I'm glad I am in such a big cast. It sure helps in the "meeting people" area. I'm excited to see what happens when we are able to get this show on its feet. Having the set, props, and costumes are really going to help me personally since my character is so set, prop, and costume driven. For now it's hard to simply imagine but I'm trying my best.

I've figured out that I can go a little over 300 miles on a full tank of gas which is somewhere around $30-35. Not that bad. It should cost less than $250 for the round trip home for the holidays. Much cheaper than a plane. Much longer than a plane, yes, but I'm excited to make the journey. I think I have enough music to sing to my windshield for 15 hours each way. Optimus Prime is excited about the trip, too.

On a random note, why is breakfast the most important meal of the day? I like to skip it. But lately I've been eating a sort of brunch and have found that I have more energy.

I don't work in the morning. I will either sleep in or wake up at my normal time and then go to the beach. We'll see. I miss the beach. It will probably be that option. :)

It's so green here. It makes me sad. It's October and it's all still green. Yesterday morning I found one of God's kisses for me: a red leaf sitting in on the ground in front of my store. I picked it up and kept it with me all day. How beautiful that God would give me a red leaf when I couldn't even find the tree it came from.

I still really want a guitar. I might snatch one when I go home. Watch out!

0 comments: