What a wonderful day! I don't often "journal" my day but I must now.

Let me start with last night. I finished everything I needed to do in a timely fashion and, being tired, went to bed at 11. I woke up around 4:45, looked at the clock, and rejoiced that I still had a few hours to sleep. I arose at 8:45 and began my day completely refreshed--something I haven't felt in a while.

I printed out my resumes, dressed professionally, and then headed out to try to find a job. The first few places I went told me that their applications are actually online. I stopped in a little clothing boutique and filled out an application, but the manager is out of town for the week so perhaps I will hear from them next week.

While walking to Starbucks, though, I passed what seemed to be a cute little store. On a whim, I walked in "The Mole Hole." To my surprise, it was almost identical to the shop I had worked at a few years ago, "Hollyhock." The manager noticed me and asked if he could help me with anything. I said, "Well, I'm actually interested in an application for employment."

Instead of the application, though, he guided me to his office where he looked over my resume and interviewed me. He said that he thought I would fit in nicely there! He just wanted to check a few of my references and then he'd give me a call.

I decided to just go home since I had a possibility of a job and the other places I was looking at I could just apply for online. About a half an hour later, Dave, the manager, calls me and says, "I think you gave me a number for one of your relatives! Haha. Not really....but Judi loves you! She couldn't speak more highly of you. She kept praising and praising you. From what I've heard and from what I've seen just talking to you, I think you will do just fine. We'll see you next Thursday!"

Is that awesome or what??? They have very flexible hours, the pay is not that bad, and the atmosphere is full of beauty. Now are not the exact things I was praying for or what?? How great is our God????

In other news, my car that God provided me with last week is amazing. He and I get along so well. He's a 2002 Kia Optima. I've decided to name him Optimus Prime. Though he is silver and not red and blue, he seems to like his name quite a bit. I wouldn't be surprised at all to one day catch him transforming back into a car! :) It took quite a while to find the right name...but since I love how God transforms our lives, I figure giving my car a Transformer's name isn't a bad idea! To be sure, I've only seen the first movie once and that's all I know about them, but hey, it works for us. ;)

I get to go home tomorrow for about 4 1/2 days. I'm excited! The only downside is that it will be my last visit home until Christmas. But with rehearsals starting in a few weeks and my new job starting next week, the time will go quickly. Perhaps I'll hear from Sight and Sound next month, too!!! I sure hope so! Though part of me would like them to ask me to start next fall....I'm looking forward to the acting gig with the Virginia Symphony in January and February. I'd also like to finish my degree by next August as originally planned! I'm looking forward to celebrating my mom's birthday!!! I think I'm more excited for her to open her presents than she is excited to actually be getting them!!!! hehehe.

Okay, I think that's enough journaling about my day! I promise it won't happen again soon. I prefer whimsical thoughts to mundane diaries. :D

1 comments:

JFK said...

Yayyyyy!!!!! Congrats NA!!!