Walking. An interesting concept.

Have you ever thought about it?

I decided that I needed to walk from one building to another without even really being conscious of it and suddenly my right foot took off, closely followed by my left. They continued this race through door, held open by a slightly charming young man, and into the computer lab where I currently am. Neither won. They both arrived at the same time. At the moment, the right foot is higher than the left, but that will change when my legs grow tired and stiff and I must re-cross them the other way.

Walking.

How do we do it?

Proud mothers and fathers cheer when their child takes their first steps. Is it really so great an accomplishment? Virtually everyone who is able walks. Some enjoy it more than others. Some long for the ability. Some wish the world was full of moving sidewalks. So why do they cheer?

Is walking inevitable? If Mom and Dad hadn't encouraged, coaxed, demonstrated, and forced my feet with their hands, would I still be the walker I am today?

Or must someone walk ahead of you in order for you to learn the way to do it?

Now take that thought and change it slightly.

Believing. Trusting. Having faith.

Have you ever thought about it?

Who are you walking ahead of that needs you there so they can learn how to believe?

2 comments:

revpdog said...

Bravo my Evangelistic Daughter! Bravo!

Kathy said...

They who come behind us, walk in our footsteps, as we walk in His!